Behaviour monitoring | Starter
Damage & Fuel stats
This data is normally readily available within the company itself or from the leasing and/or insurance company. An approximate evaluation of driver behaviour can be measured based on the average deviations of the driver with respect to the normal fuel consumption of their specific vehicle (qualified by the OEM) and the frequency and severity of accident damages.
Individual communication of behaviour profile through datamining of fuel and accident statistics.
The effectiveness of this approach will reside in the convincing message of the communication programme. Typically, the driver behaviour communication consists of:
- a periodic personalised report via push email
- a driver benchmark of normal fuel consumption and average accident statistics
- a peer group benchmark to help show in a fair way from data analysis where behaviour improvement can be achieved
- the cost for the employer of the deviating behaviour
Recent studies from “The Belgian Institute for Traffic Safety” state that:
- Company car drivers regularly drive too fast and take more risks
- They are 50% more likely to be involved in an accident compared to other drivers
- Time pressure is the main reason, but the fact that the “omnium” (own risk) insurance will cover the costs anyway reinforces this attitude
Companies have to make sure that the awareness of their company car drivers is raised to understand the importance of this issue and that they are motivated to improve their behaviour. By doing this, companies also demonstrate that they are willing to get involved in Corporate Social Responsibility plans.
Advantages for your company
By improving Driving Behaviour, the safety level, CO2 emissions and savings will be optimised over time. This improvement will be realised through more involvement and an increased sense of responsibility towards an eco-friendly and safer driving behaviour.
Communication is key in the attempt to convince drivers to change their attitude and communicating the results of the internal consumption and accident data is the easiest and cheapest way to book first successes.
The internal statistics are a first step into the understanding if more efforts are required to optimise drive safety. It also allows full tracking over time in a fair and correct way. For driver behaviour monitoring, the more advanced the approach is to adapt realtime and continuous monitoring on the road by utilising our CoPilot APP.